Fostering Our Children Drive at St. Croix Casino Turtle Lake December 1-15
Children entering foster care often have nothing but the clothes on their backs. By donating to the Fostering our Children drive at St. Croix Casino Turtle Lake, you can help to give each St. Croix tribal child entering foster care a care package to get them started on their foster care experience. You’ll make life brighter for foster children and their foster families too.
The drive will run from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. December 1-15. Donate at least two items will receive $5 in Turtle Bucks and a drawing entry. We need a variety of items, so we’re asking that you not donate two of the same item; each item must be different. Make sure that all items are new and have tags. You can donate once per promotional day. Eligible items include:
- Hair brushes and combs.
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss.
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, wash cloths.
- Deodorant, body spray, hygiene products.
- Small toys or games (yoyos, Frisbees, card games, etc.).
- Art supplies (coloring or activity books, crayons, markers, etc.).
- Baby items (bottles, rattles, teething toys, diapers, wipes, onesies, etc.).
- Small quilts, fleece, blankets, towels.
- Snacks (fruit snacks, crackers, cookies, rice cereal snacks, pop tarts, granola bars, drink products, etc.).
- Flashlights, night lights.
- Small winter gear (hats, scarves, mittens).
- Miscellaneous items (lip balm, sanitizer, lotion, fingernail polish, etc.).
When you donate, you’ll be eligible for drawings on December 16 starting at 3 p.m. Six cash prizes – $25, $50, $100, $200, $300 and $500 – will be given away. You don’t have to be present to win.
You can also send monetary donations toward the purchase of care package items and clothing to St. Croix Tribal Family Services Department, 4404 Highway 70, Webster, WI 54893.
For more information on the Fostering our Children drive, call Amanda Sonnenberg in casino marketing at 1-800-846-8946.
Thank you in advance for giving tribal foster children and their foster families a leg up during this season of giving. Happy holidays to all of you.